Welcome To Our WebsiteDoncaster P2 Locomotive Trust
Sir William McAlpine, Bt
It is with great sadness that we learnt of the death of our esteemed Trust President, Sir William McAlpine on 5th March 2018 after a period of illness in hospital. Sir William, aged 82, was renowned for his enthusiasm and support for steam rail heritage having famously recovered the Flying Scotsman from America in 1973. Our sincere and heartfelt condolences go to his widow, Lady McAlpine.
Chairman, Doncaster P2 Locomotive Trust Ltd.
Our website has been designed to attract attention to the Doncaster P2 Locomotive Trust and to gain support for the project to design and construct a new copy of the ‘Cock O’ The North’. The website includes the following pages:-
- About Us – to inform you about the Trust, its Committee and the Project
- Cock O’ The North – to give a brief history of the locomotive and a gallery of pictures illustrating this piece of iconic L.N.E.R. engineering
- Supporting Us -to capture your interest to support and sponsor the project. Join us as a Member of the COTN Club or Sponsor a Component.
- Merchandise – to promote and sell Trust merchandise, all proceeds of which go to the project
- Doncaster Heritage – to capture in pictures the magnificent history of Doncaster Plant Works and local stations
- Contact Us – to provide a direct link to the Trust
The website work alongside the Doncaster P2 locomotive Trust Facebook page which continues to provide up to date information about the Trust’s development
Doncaster P2 Locomotive Trust – Cock O’ The North